Monday, July 16, 2007

Damn the man for his stupid rules and red tape





So I finally went and watched Michael Moore's new movie Sicko. It was a very good movie. A very eye opening movie to many things I already new, beings that I am a medical major, but they are just things that I dont like to think about all the time. One of these such things is the network business. I know from studying this crap that insurance companys change who is in their network quite often and often times leaves the patients who need those doctors that were outed high and dry.

I know this all too well, because it happened to me today when I went to go to my surgeons office to schedule my next surgery and was told he is no longer in my network of covered doctors. Now what does this mean for me. Well it means that I have two options either A. go to another surgeon who has never worked on my face before and hope he/she does it right, or B. pay $65,00o or more out of pocket to go to my surgeon who has done the first 5 surgeries on my face. It is a rather sucky situation to say the least, and I am going with option A because well I am poor and because my surgeon will be present when the new guy does the surgery, because he is one of his partners.

What does all of this have to do with my modeling, well as most of my photographers need to have my face in a shot it is important that I keep up on it when it is needed. And unfortunately that means coming up probably in September I will have surgery and probably wont shoot for like 6-8 weeks to allow for healing time.

One good thing happened though today! I got some beautiful pictures back from Gary of myself and my best friend Ayden. The pictures just took my breath away. I love them so i would like to share them with you.


No comments: